Speed to Market is key to a successful business launch. We have the expertise to get you there.
Nelson said. “I was extremely impressed with the knowledge base"
Main Office: 801-796-2951
Click to download
Recommended printing temperature:
200°C – 230°C
Recommended printing speed:
40 – 90 mm/s for Tungsten
30 – 50 mm/s for Bismuth
Recommended heated bed:
100°C – 110C
Recommended nozzle size:
0.5 - 0.6 mm for 4.0 g/cc Tungsten
0.6 - 0.7 mm for 2.7 g/cc Bismuth
(Remember to change nozzle size in your printer settings)
Filament diameter: 1.75 +/- 0.10 mm
Base material: ABS Plastic
Filler material: Proprietary compounds of bismuth and tungsten
Density Range: 2.7 +/- 0.1 g/cc for bismuth, 4.0 +/- 0.2 g/cc for tungsten
Note that stated densities are for the filled filament material. Printed part densities may vary due to printer processing parameters, and should be confirmed by the user prior to use.
• A heated bed should be used to prevent warping
• The particles in the filament may start to wear down the brass nozzle after several hours of printing. The nozzle should be checked before each print and replaced if worn.
• To improve adhesion to print bed, user may apply a small amount of acetone/ABS slurry.
• To achieve maximum density, you may need to increase the flow rate 5 – 10%.
• If oozing occurs, nozzle temperature may be too high.
*Please note that there is wide variability among different brands of 3D printers. These recommendations on printer parameters have proven successful in our laboratory, but may require adjustment based on your printer models. Don’t be afraid to experiment for optimum conditions!
© 2016 Turner MedTech All Rights Reserved.